Digital Marketing for Law Firms: How Does It Work?
You are a law expert. You work hard for your clients, go to bat for them, and find every way to get to your desired outcome. We are marketers, and we do the same. You need to spend your time doing what you do best, making marketing your law firm a difficult task to keep up with. But, that is okay—because you are a law expert, not a marketer. You need to find a marketing firm that works just as hard as you do and is an expert, just like you. When it comes to marketing a law firm, there are some very specific ways an expert law firm digital marketing company, like ours, will go about it. Keep reading to learn more about digital marketing for law firms, how it all works, and how you can get started today.
Understanding Your Goals
Digital marketing for law firms might seem simple, but there are several things you need to have in place before you ever pick up the phone and call a law firm digital marketing company. Here’s what you need to know:
- What are your goals? We know, you want more clients and brand awareness. But, specifically, do you have a percentage you’d like to grow? A number that you would like to hit weekly, monthly, or quarterly? Some law firms are looking to gain more qualified leads, while others want to rebrand to attract valuable candidates. Which do you want?
- What is your budget? Let’s talk about money. Whether you are a solo practitioner or a larger, established law firm looking to expand your practice, we will create a strategy that works best for you and your budget. We create a low-budget test campaign to find out the cost per lead and cost per acquisition (client sign up). Once we get these metrics, we decide with you how fast we should scale these digital campaigns. This pacing method can be especially useful for smaller firms, so as not to overwhelm your front office. Basically: We work with you for the best possible outcome.
- Who are your competitors? Are there other law firms in your area that practice the same type of law as you? Are you a larger firm who wants to be the top dog over everybody else when it comes to your expertise and employ only the best lawyers? Make a list of 3-5 of your closest competitors and start learning to recognize what makes you different from them, and what makes them different from you. What are they doing right, and what are they doing poorly that we can do better for you? Competitor analysis will help us determine all of these things before we get started.
Marketing Services for Law Firms
There are so many different spokes on the wheel of digital marketing. Some might be right for use in a law firm, some aren’t. This is why we have carefully created a list of important components that are required when it comes to marketing services for law firms. All of these things work together to create a digital marketing powerhouse that promotes your firm and helps you to reach your goals.
The essential components of digital marketing for law firms includes:
- Website Design
- Lead Generation
- Google Ads
- Facebook & Instagram Ads
- Bing, YouTube and Yahoo Ads
- Social Media Marketing
- Local Directory Listings
- Google Business Optimization
- Blog Assistance and Creation
- Traditional Media/TV/Radio/Outdoor
- Tracking and Reporting Integrations
- Expertise in CRM Systems and Integrations
- Branding and Collateral Materials
- Surveys and testimonials
- Complete In-House Creative Dept Including Video Production
Lead generation is, simply put, the method in which marketers use to get your phone ringing. This can be done many ways, such as through CRM and workflow automation, social media ads, pay per click ads, and much more. As a Google Ads Certified Partner and a Facebook Marketing Partner, one of our specialties is creating highly detailed lead generation campaigns that initiate qualified leads for your law practice.
Our custom lead-generation campaigns target the specific type of audience that meets your qualification requirements. Your law office will receive as many leads as you can handle, though your custom lead generation campaign can be paced at the rate that your front office can process. The goal is to get your phone ringing, your business growing, and your brand recognized as the best in its field.
CRM and Workflow Automation
In comes the tricky part: CRM and Workflow Automation. We get it — it sounds intimidating, but this is an essential piece when it comes to lead generation. Depending on your needs and goals, we help integrate the lead generation campaign with your existing in-house CRM system or build a new one for you to track your communication with your new prospects. This enables you to measure conversions and success rates effectively. Our team also can write and automate all email and text communication with your prospects and leads.
Once you start getting leads—when it rains, it pours. We understand your front of house is already busy, and integrating new systems and workflows isn’t always the easiest thing to do. Luckily for you, we help train your staff to manage the leads to ensure the highest conversion rate possible. We give you all of the nuts and bolts, including a script and roadmap to follow throughout each and every lead call.
Social Media Ads
We know what you’re thinking. Why would a law firm need a social media account? No, you’re likely not going to get to 10,000 followers, but the goal of the social media accounts is to take full advantage of the advertising opportunity. Everyone is on social media, which means your money needs to be there, too.
Our team plans and executes your digital marketing campaigns to ensure a continuous flow of new leads. That will allow you to prepare for the future and scale your practice at a managed pace. From writing the copy, designing graphics and videos, we make sure your law office stays relevant, and your digital marketing campaigns continue to attract new clients.
Talking to a lawyer can seem intimidating to many people. The stigma surrounding lawyers is that they are busy, expensive, uptight, and only care about their paychecks rather than fighting for their clients. Video production presents the perfect opportunity for you to introduce yourself, your office, and establish credibility with your target audience.
With digital marketing for law firms, your videos should work to educate your audience with the issues they are dealing with. Provide as much value as you can upfront, this way, your expertise has been established and they will feel comfortable reaching out to you for more information.
In addition, you will want to be as warm, inviting, and caring as possible while alse speaking firmly about how hard you will work. People want a lawyer who is on their side and cares about them, yet fights like a shark in the courtroom.
Benefits of Video Production
Aside from warming up to your target audience, there are a ton of benefits of video production for law firms. These include video schema, SEO benefits (Did you know YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world?), brand positioning, social media benefits and much more.
How do we get there? To make sure your video ranks high on YouTube, Google, and Vimeo,
we optimize your video for SEO in the following ways:
- Select target keywords
- Write a strong video title
- Write optimized video description copy
- Include keyword tags
- Include geo-targeting tags
- Create a video schema and submit it to Google
- Link the video to your landing page
- Add YouTube Cards and Call-To-Action
Local business digital marketing will be the lead weapon in your digital marketing arsenal. Law firm digital marketing companies like ours highlight your business listing in more than 70 major directories like Google Business, Yelp, Facebook, Bing, Yahoo, Foursquare and more. We keep your listing interesting and fresh 24/7, update it with special offers and coupons, event announcements, pictures and compelling videos. You’re covered in every possible social media venue, with engaging posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn – all geared to put your business center stage in your specific area.
Here is the simple roadmap to how it is done:
- Our team develops a compelling profile of your business and posts it onto business directories and social media sites.
- We create weekly social media posts and monthly special offers, generating even more interest through directories and social media.
- Clients call or email your business directly. You receive a monthly report showing the amount of traffic and the number of phone calls received.
Get The Basics
Digital marketing for law firms requires a few basics in order to get the maximum potential out of your marketing efforts. These basics include a website and SEO. But — you can’t just have any website, and you can’t just have any SEO, either. In your specific field, there are some industry standards that are important to have.
Website For Law Firms
Visitors to your website are usually B2B clients or consumers in distress. This means they want to find answers and information as quickly as possible. This means your website needs to be:
- Easy to navigate
- Loads fast
- Good user experience
- Prominent calls-to-action
- Optimized for SEO
- Full of valuable, relevant content
We can work with you to create a beautiful, smart design for your law firm that caters directly to your target audience and can be easily found by them. We can assist in all aspects of website development, including:
- Custom Creative and Design
- Social Media Integration
- Fully SEO Optimized
- Contact Forms
- Payment Processing
- Sophisticated Product Catalog
- Marketing and Merchandising Features
- Much more
SEO For Law Firms
To give your website the boost it needs to reach potential clients, SEO is required. When potential clients are searching the web for the specific legal service they need, it is imperative that your website not only comes up, but that it comes up on top. We understand the ins and outs of SEO and how to do it correctly and ethically.
The Navazon team does this by:
- Creating web pages that are individually focused on a service you provide
- Applying advanced SEO techniques to make sure those pages show up
- Well-written content by professional copywriters with relevant keywords
- Optimized metadata, such as ALT tags, page titles and descriptions, and much more
About Navazon Digital
Navazon Digital has over 20 years of experience helping attorneys and legal firms get more. We can help you with:
- Getting more clients
- Gaining more qualified leads
- Attracting top talent to expand your practice
- Broaden your firm’s brand awareness
By weaving together time-tested methodologies as well as current industry standards, we will give your law firm the edge you need over your direct competitors. We perform all services in-house, allowing us to take control of the quality and integration needed for your law firm’s digital marketing efforts.
We invite you to explore our services and portfolio of work. Contact us for a free consultation and a custom price quote tailored to your firm’s unique needs.